Try EesySoft Today
As more courses feature recorded online lectures, storage space both in your LMS and Zoom cloud are at a premium. San Juan College wanted to reduce the use of their Zoom cloud before it reached peak limits and utilized the Knowmia tool to upload videos to classes, edit videos, and provide captioning. However, they needed more support for the tool and to inform faculty, leading to their Knowmia Campaign.
Did you know you can upload Zoom videos into Knowmia to add captions, edit content, and more?
TechSmith Knowmia (formerly known as Relay) is a video capturing and captioning tool that is available to all San Juan College faculty, staff and students.
**TechSmith Knowmia allows you to:**
– Create introduction videos easily using a webcam.
– Create instructional videos easily by screen recording within your web browser or Canvas.
– Generate or add closed captions to videos using the built-in speech-to-text tool.
– Share your videos with a link or by embedding them in Canvas or placing it on the SJC Website.
– Monitor who is watching the videos and how much of the videos they are watching using built in analytics tool.
– Create quizzes within a video that will automatically send scores to the Canvas grade book.
Check out some articles on Knowmia here: (Note: would need to be uploaded to support center, not out of the box.)
Recording Videos with Knowmia
Creating Video Captions on Knowmia
Editing and Sharing Videos on Knowmia
<iframe src="?embedded=true” width=”640″ height=”1255″ frameborder=”0″ marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″>Loading…
Do you need some assistance with Canvas? Click on the Help icon to open the **On-Demand Support Center!**
Depending on your role and where you are within Canvas, the most relevant articles and support videos are selected for you to help solve common problems with Canvas and it’s third party tools.
Can’t find your answer?** Submit a ticket** through the support center for timely, effective help from the San Juan IT Team.