Try EesySoft Today
This campaign is to help first-time instructors set up their Zoom account in Moodle so they can schedule meetings, record meetings and share the recordings with their students.
Welcome to Zoom in Moodle. Zoom is the web-based audio and video conferencing platform used for many of the online courses.
If you need a little help getting set up in Zoom you can follow the step by step guides in the support articles below.
Zoom Meeting Integration with Moodle
Zoom can be integrated into your Moodle course to make it easy to set up a one time or recurring Zoom session for your class. By adding the “**Zoom Meeting**” activity to a course, students and instructors can click on a link in Moodle and enter the course Zoom session. Follow the steps below to get started.
– [Add a Zoom Meeting](https://kb.swarthmore.edu/display/ACADTECH/Zoom+Meeting+Integration+with+Moodle#ZoomMeetingIntegrationwithMoodle-AddaZoomMeeting)
– [Additional Information](https://kb.swarthmore.edu/display/ACADTECH/Zoom+Meeting+Integration+with+Moodle#ZoomMeetingIntegrationwithMoodle-AdditionalInformation)
– [Recording the Meetings and Sharing with Students](https://kb.swarthmore.edu/display/ACADTECH/Zoom+Meeting+Integration+with+Moodle#ZoomMeetingIntegrationwithMoodle-RecordingtheMeetingsandSharingwithStudents)
### Add a Zoom Meeting
1. Login to your Moodle course, click the **big gear icon** and select **Turn Editing On**.
2. Select which section you want to add Zoom and select **Add Activity or Resource**.
3. Select **Zoom Meeting** and click **Add**.
4. Fill out the required settings including the date and time of your Zoom meeting.
5. When finished configuring your settings select **Save and Return to Course**.
6. The Zoom Meeting activity will then show up in the section you selected.
7. Click on the Zoom Meeting activity to see your saved settings. Click the Green **Start Meeting** button to begin the meeting. You can copy and past the **Join Link** URL to share with others outside your Moodle course.
### Additional Information
**Join Meeting before host**: we recommend this be turned off, especially if recording the meeting. If turned on, students can start the meeting at any time. If recording is enabled it will start, even if students are just testing the link.
The Moodle Zoom settings include only a few options. To see all available options, create the Zoom Moodle activity as specified above and then log into [swarthmore.zoom.us](https://swarthmore.zoom.us/) and click on **Meetings**. The Moodle course Zoom meeting will show up. Editing this meeting will allow you to adjust all the available Zoom settings.
### Recording the Meetings and Sharing with Students
It is possible to use Panopto, Swarthmore’s lecture capture system, to save the videos and automatically publish them to Moodle.